Thanksgiving is almost here and Knoxville residents are gearing up to travel to see their family and friends. This means there will be lots of holiday traffic on the roads and highways. Accidents are bound to occur. Miller Brothers Transmission Auto Repair and Body Shop care about your safety. We have compiled a list of safe driving tips that will help you reduce the chance of getting into an accident.
These are some tips to keep in mind when you plan your Thanksgiving holiday travel.
- Flexibility is key to your travel plans. Avoid peak traffic hours if possible. To beat the rush, leave a little earlier than you planned.
- Make car maintenance a priority. Before you get on the road, make sure to check your vehicle’s oil, fluids, and brakes. Getting an auto tune up service before hitting the road keeps your car away from breakdowns.
- You should take rest breaks. You should always pull over if you are traveling long distances. Take regular rest breaks to eat, stretch, and get fresh air. It is a great way to keep your eyes open and energized, and also prevent you from becoming tired and impatient while driving.
- Be patient. Heavy traffic can frustrate even the most patient driver. It is important to not let frustration get in the way of your driving. Do not speed, tailgate, or make unsafe lane changes.
- Designate a driver. Designate a driver for Thanksgiving if there will be alcohol involved. The holidays are when drunk driving accidents spike – don’t let your family or you become part of this statistic.
Before traveling long distances, make sure that your vehicle is in top shape. Visit a local auto repair shop to get your car checked out to catch any issues that might pop up while you are on the road. This Thanksgiving, driving safety should be your top priority so you can enjoy the holidays without any distractions.
Our team wishes you and all your loved ones a safe and happy Thanksgiving. Contact Miller Brothers Transmission Auto Repair and Body Shop to keep your vehicle road-worthy during the holiday season.
Like our Facebook page for more great info about auto services.
Miller Brothers Transmission Auto Repair and Body Shop
7123 Tazewell Pike
Corryton, TN 37721
Serving Knoxville, TN, and Knox County
Service areas include: All of Knox County, Corryton, Fountain City, Halls Crossroads, Powell and Knoxville